internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #97 - 11 msgs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #97 - 11 msgs
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:00:41 -0500

On Monday 04 November 2002 09:0721pm, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger
wrote:
> On Monday, November 4, 2002, at 06:17 PM, Steve Steele wrote:
> > Has anyone heard anything about the crash worthiness of I.E 6.0?
> > I just upgraded on Sunday and the dang thing has crashed or frozen
> > at least a dozen times today. I wondering whether to reinstall or

> Our product has to interact with most versions of IE and Netscape,
> and I can say from experience IE 6.0 is the least stable of the lot.
> If you're on Windows and want to continue to use IE 5.5 is the most
> stable.

Of course, you can use Mozilla 1.1, which is quite stable and renders
the web very close to the "IExplorer experience". This has been said by
a co-worker, a die-hard Microsoft man, who is "forced" by our company
policy to use Mozilla as the corporate web browser.

Yes, Mozilla is huge and slow to load (hint: enable the pre-load on
start up).

And then there's Phoenix, the very light weight Mozilla browser. It uses
the same rendering engine than Mozilla (Gecko), but the whole lot is
just 9MB. Fast, good... and it still has pop-up blockers, image servers
blockers, tools to limit web's ability to resize, move... your windows.
It runs on Linux and Windows.

Exactly, no more x10 ads.

Get Phoenix while is hot at:
http://mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/phoenix-release-notes.html

For MacOS X, get Chimera, a native Cocoa Gecko-baed browser:
http://mozilla.org/projects/chimera/

Salut,
Sinner
--