internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] movers recommended?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] movers recommended?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:07:20 -0500

I also had mixed experiences with U-Haul. Whenever I rented with them I
made sure to buy the extra insurance to make sure I had no hassles due
to the condition of the truck when I returned it. Some trucks were in
excellent condition and others were hardly roadworthy. By the time my
last move was due I had thought you can't get much worse than U-Haul,
so, being as cheap as ever, I rented a van from a place called
Rent-A-Wreck. I turned on the engine and ALL warning lights came on -
and stayed on; for the duration of the entire move. I had very serious
doubts that thing would make it even one more mile, but somehow (maybe a
mixture of prayer and voodoo?) it did get the job done. The truck sort
of looked and felt like the kind of van that thieves and burglars drive
around in cheesy Hollywood movies ('Home Alone' comes to mind). It was
called Rent-A-Wreck for a reason. And it cost more than U-Haul would
have. They are not there anymore, at least not at the location where I
rented from them.

The company I used to work for once moved from one floor of a building
to another floor in the same building and used Truckin' Movers for the
move. It was a long time ago and I was not privy to too many of the
details, but from what I remember they did a decent job.

- Bill