internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] movers recommended?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] movers recommended?
  • Date: 29 Oct 2002 12:03:25 -0500

I've had enough bad experiences with U-Haul that I refuse to use them
anymore.

The only really good experience I had was when I moved from Minneapolis
to Knoxville, TN. The truck was almost new and in excellent condition.

On local moves I've had various problems:

Once had to go to a different U-Haul "store" because the one where I
made my reservation gave out all their local trucks, despite me having a
credit card-held reservation.

I've had problems with the general beaten-down low quality of their
local move trucks. Balky engines and beat up doors, etc. Put more
angst into the move than was necessary.

My last move I used Penske trucks out of a 'Package Store' location near
my old apartment. Cost more, but I got an almost brand new local truck
in excellent condition and no worries about whether or not the truck
would be there. Penske does NOT overbook so I knew that my truck would
be there. Be forwarned: Cash or Credit Card only. No Checks.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org
Celebrate The Circle - www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/