internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] movers recommended?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter AT lunenburg.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] movers recommended?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:39:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Linda Watson wrote:

> At 05:34 AM 10/29/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >I used Two Men and a Truck (Raleigh) twice in the last couple of years and
> >was very satisfied both times.
>
> Me too. These guys are great.

I've had bad experiences with both Two Men and a Truck and All My Sons
since I've been in Raleigh. I can't remember which company did which of
these things, but:

1) One mover showed up on the wrong day (ie it was 10am, they were
supposed to be there at 9, I called and they said "Oh, we've got you down
for tomorrow." They eventually got a truck to me by around noon). The
date had been confirmed at least once from the time I made the
appointment.

2) The other one quoted me a good rate from a Morrisville-to-Fuquay move,
say around $300. The week before the move, they called me up and said "We
just realized that it's too far away to qualify as a local move, so
instead of $300, it'll now be $800." I told them no thanks for the bait
and switch, and had to scramble to get a U-Haul.

I think All My Sons was the first one and Two Men was the second, but time
has clouded my memory.

Anyway, that's my experience with moving in the Triangle. I think I'm
sticking with U-Haul from now on. :-)

--Wade

--
If you have a VCR or MP3 player, you need to read these links:

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/
http://www.libertyboard.org/