internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] ads in schools

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] ads in schools
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:12:28 -0400

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 10:00 PM, machett AT ibiblio.org wrote:

Any opinions?

But of course. ;-)

My opinion on this is short, sweet and to the point. I feel that schools should be a safe place for children to learn without the pressures of the outside world on them. There is plenty of time for that after school. They are already bombarded with pressure from other kids, from television shows & commercials, movies, what their favorite stars are wearing, what they see at the malls, etc. Let them focus on their studies during school hours, and leave the commercial influences OUT.

This is one small reason out of a whole list of reasons why we're going to homeschool our daughter.

Chris Hedemark
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com