internetworkers - [internetworkers] political ethics

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: AlMaur777 AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] political ethics
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:57:18 EDT

Oh, I agree that compromise is the name of the political game, and as you note, being consistently ethical can actually be a drawback in getting things done. But I'm always amused when people act shocked that a President lies or a politician appears unethical. How would you ever get to be President if you didn't have a finely developed sense political lying?

I've become a political agnostic. Compromise, equivocation, and position
>switching are in the very nature of politics.

And not, in themselves, bad things, in my opinion. I would far rather have
politicians in office who can change their minds than ones whose stands are
carved in granite from start to finish, regardless of changing circumstance
or new information.

Allan Maurer
Writer
PHONE: 919-667-1733
Cell Phone: 919-491-4524

Published widely in national, regional, and local media including magazines from Playboy to Modern Maturity, four books, long running columns and literally thousands of articles for newspapers, wire services and online.

Senior Writer: www.localtechwire.com   A new daily online news service covering technology and venture-backed companies in the southeast LocalTechWire.com .

University Research column monthly: Triangle Tech Journal http://www.triangletechjournal.com  Triangle TechJournal - Tech News For The Research Triangle, NC

  • [internetworkers] political ethics, AlMaur777, 10/21/2002