internetworkers - [internetworkers] inquiry-creativity index

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Christina Dyrness <cdyrness AT newsobserver.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] inquiry-creativity index
  • Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:54:16 -0400

Sorry in advance for the reporter spam --

A colleague of mine is working on a story about this Creativity Index
phenomenon. (I did a quick search on google and found the following,
just for folks like me who were out of the loop on this:
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2001/0205.florida.html)

It seems that (a) economic prosperity of a particular region is heavily
tied to the number of creative types that live here and that (b) Chapel
Hill ranks in the top ten of creative meccas (that is, high on
creativity but not so hot on diversity...)

Anyway, Richard Stradling is looking to talk to some high-tech creative
types (thus my posting to InterNetWorkers) who were laid off from their
high-tech jobs, but are staying put because they love where they live.

Anybody interested in chatting with Richard about the Creativity Index
and their own perspectives, please drop him a line. rstradli AT newsobserver.com.

That's all, thanks.

--
Christina Dyrness
Business Reporter