internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next Gathering Planning

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next Gathering Planning
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:39:23 -0400

> Has the idea of a venue list on the web site been considered?
> As each venue is visited, INW folks could add comments or fill out a survey
> of their thoughts. This kind of feedback could be tabulated as the INW's
> favorite places, which some may decide to visit on the strength of the
> comments, or one could fall back on if somewhere new is not suggested.

This idea did come up at the last planning meeting. though we didn't explore
it too thoroughly or set it as an objective. I think the negative thought on
this was that dealing with the restaurant managements could be troublesome
when people slam their restaurant on the bulletin boards. This point that I
paraphrase certainly isn't the final word, just the argument that ended the
previous discussion of this point.

BTW, those of you interested in getting more involved in INW planning and
development will soon have your chance! Matusiak is working hard to plan a
meeting of those interested in working on the web site, and we'll be revving
inet-plan (the INW planning list) soon. If you wish to develop, attend the
meeting that will be announced shortly or contact Dave or I. If you are
interested in hearing more about the INW planning function, contact me.

Cheers!