internetworkers - [internetworkers] prodding the webmonkey [was "Thanks..."]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] prodding the webmonkey [was "Thanks..."]
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

Craig --

this is indeed an agenda item for yours truly. well, the venue list part
anyway.
the basic breakdown (in descending order of popularity) is as follows:

Raleigh = Flying Saucer, Players Retreat, Vertigo
Chapel Hill = W.B. Yeats, Lucy's, whatever is in Artist's Escape/Lido Bar
space
Carrboro = Tyler's/Speakeasy, El Chilango!, Orange County Social Club
Durham = whatever hasn't gone out of business yet on 9th Street

** AND NOW FEATURING RTP GATHERINGS ** = Ray's! (he, he, he)

for the most part, these places have been well suited to the gatherings
because
they offer a lot of float space and conviviality, without getting too
fru-fru.
we always want to explore new and different options, but like Mike pointed
out,
some basic requirements have to be met for the event to be a success.

regarding your erudite observation that a survey element would improve this
process, i must say that i couldn't agree more. in fact, that is the point
and
focus of the .o0 Fall 2002 International INW Website Developers Conference 0o.

meeting details (incl. date/time/place) are soon to follow. if you'd like to
be
clued into the who/what/where, i would encourage you to join the inet-dev
list:

and for a preliminary glimpse into current progress on the SurveyApp:
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/survey/

thanks for the interest! in classic Open Development form, EVERYONE with an
interest is highly encouraged to participate. please let me know if i can
provide further info and/or answer questions.
dave m.
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t