internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next Gathering Planni ng

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next Gathering Planni ng
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:56:22 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael D. Thomas [mailto:mdthomas AT mindspring.com]
> Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 10:36 AM
> To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next
> Gathering Planning

Two places that could be venues are "O'Malley's Pub" on
Glenwood across from Pleasant Valley and "Foster's Grill"
in Cameron Village on the back side of Harris-Teeter.
I've been to both when there were groups or mixers. Foster's
has an outdoor patio and several larger meeting rooms. It is
somewhat fancy with the crowds tending to office dress.
Expect tattooed wait staff and blue collar patrons at
O'Malleys which is not fancy, but very friendly. O'Malley's
has a bar and sit down area with tables and booths in one
room and a large pool room in the other side.
Both places could house 20-25 people with minimal trouble.
Wait staffs at both places are very friendly and could take
care of most sized crowds.
Both places have good food. $1 PBRs at O'Malley's every day,
Guiness on tap. They have lots of bar fare, plus some Irish
stuff. Nileen likes the cheese/spinich dip stuff especially
if they will substitute little bread rounds rather than
the chips. Most of the entrees are $8-12. I have had most
everything on the menu and all have been tasty. Soups in
bread bowls are a favorite of Nileen. The cook is very good
and you can special order changes without much trouble. Stay
away from the sausage dishes if dieting.
Foster's has most beers plus mixed drinks. Food is more
expensive. Asiago pasta is great. Nileen got that the first
ten times we went there. Most of the other entrees are quite
good. Entrees go from $10-16. Shrimp and Grits are not
as good as I have had at other places (like Ottis's in
Morehead City.) Steak Fosters or the pork chop for those
who need a slab-o-cow(pig) are good.
Roger (in RTP)
> I'd love to hear your suggestions for Raleigh venues either
> on-list or off.

  • RE: [internetworkers] Thanks to Mike C. and Next Gathering Planni ng, Austin, Roger D., 09/10/2002