internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: Health insurance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: Health insurance
  • Date: 30 Jul 2002 08:55:04 -0400

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 17:51, thomas AT tbeckett.com wrote:
> BCBS dropped the entire NC Bar Association group. To tighten up the
> bottom line for their IPO. They said so.

Damn!!! I guess they aren't afraid of pissing off the lawyers!

Call me nuts, but what business does ANY health insurance company have
being for-profit. I've never understood that idea. Seems like a basic
conflict-of-interest between serving the insurance customers and the
corporate bottom line.

--[Lance]