internetworkers - [internetworkers] What does google know about you?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] What does google know about you?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:05:36 +0000

Hi there,

I've seen this article on the web. It is about the end of privacy as we know
it. Or something like that.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/25/technology/circuits/25GOOG.html

Do you think that this is true? Do you check your friends on google before
lending them a lawnmower? Do you pick your friends after using on-line tools
to check their records?

Or do you think taht this is a little too much?

Or maybe you have been very carefull since 1995 and all they can find about
you is that you belong to internetworkers and that's about it?

Comments, please :)

Salut,
Josep

P.S.: remember the party, this Saturday, at Matusiak's
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/party.html
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, QA-Test Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/