internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] What does google know about you?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] What does google know about you?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:33:10 -0400

> No, but I do Google any man I meet through an online personals ad.

There is a good argument for "self-Googling," just like checking your
own credit report, just so you know what other people will think they
know about you. I went on a blind date about a year ago (no, not with
Gina), and the woman must have Googled, me, since she asked me all kinds
of questions about stuff I hadn't even had a chance to mention yet...

- Bill