internetworkers - RE: another delicious topic [more on Asheville]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: another delicious topic [more on Asheville]
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 01:04:51 -0400

> OK, so I'm seeing an opportunity here.
>
> Anyone out there know where we can get some venture capital to start a
> high tech business in Asheville?

Paula,

I think there are some great ideas here. I'm personally thinking that N.C. in
general has some opportunities to benefit from the growing amount of gov't
work in DC because we're close but have the lower cost of living. I also
think that telecommuting can only grow as a trend and that we'll see more and
more enclaves of high tech workers in groovy locales. I've now worked my last
three projects without meeting anyone I worked with face-to-face. (However, my
preference is actually for Wilmington, not Asheville.)

Oh, I see it is officially the holiday...

Happy July 4th, everyone!

BTW, what is your favorite amendment? Mine is:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress
of grievances."

But I also quite like:

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the
consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by
law."

Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about uninvited soldiers crashing on
your couch?

Cheers!