internetworkers - RE: another delicious topic [more on Asheville]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: another delicious topic [more on Asheville]
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:12:05 -0400

OK, so I'm seeing an opportunity here.

Anyone out there know where we can get some venture capital to start a
high tech business in Asheville?

I know I'd move back there in a Yankee second (faster than a Southern
one) for a decent tech job, and I bet there are hundreds of damn smart
and highly motivated geeks who would gladly do the same. Location is BS
when the work can be done across the wires. Why not try for some Govt
contract development work, maybe snatch a few private app dev
projects... or start a remote infrastructure management company! I can
reboot a UNIX server from two continents away, why not live in Asheville
to do it? The potential boggles the mind.

Any takers? Seriously! I mean it!! I have management experience, I used
to be a partner in a (failed) hi tech startup, and I can wedge about 50
tech buzzwords onto my resume without ever flinching (Apache to XML).
Let's talk about this. There's got to be a way!

Paula the lurker