internetworkers - Re: RIAA to target individual internet users

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: RIAA to target individual internet users
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

There's a good argument to be made that sales are dropping this year
because Napster disappeared last year, and with it the only unitary
user-friendly means for people to listen to a lot of music before they buy
it. Now the mass market is back to relying on commercial radio to hear
music before buying it, and commercial radio is 99% shit. No wonder
record sales are down. IIRC, CD sales were up when Napster was
fully-functional, no?

TaB