internetworkers - Re: Handyman recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Handyman recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:23:01 -0400

sarah, if you'd be so kind as to pass those recommendations on to me,
I'd be muchly appreciative.

We know electricians & plumbers, but are in search of a good handyman/GC
who can do minor-to-intermediate projects without us needing to auction
a kidney to pay them. specifically, we want someone to add some more
insulation, hang some drywall, lay some under-flooring, and do *part* of
a bathroom to finish the already-begun conversion of our attic into
liveable space. our estimates from such area contractor notables as
SpaceBuilders & Housewright were in the range of what we paid for the
house itself, so let it be known we aren't looking for that level of
quality :-)

if you are still in need of a plumber, let me know and i can dig up our
guy's phone number. one thing though: he works large industrial
contracts in the daytime, so his residential work is strictly
after-hours, but he's fairly good and reasonably priced, if you don't
mind work-in-progress at 9-10pm.

Paula the semi-lurker, back from vacation. sorry to miss yet another
meeting.

sovenall

<sovenall AT nc.rr.c To: InterNetWorkers

om>
<internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc:

05/31/02 04:31 PM Subject: [internetworkers]
Handyman recommendations
Please respond to

InterNetWorkers

I need to have my bathroom renovated & am wondering if you all know of
someone reliable who works in Durham. I plan to do the tile myself but
need
someone to repair the floor and wall and put in new everything. Also a
plumber. I have heard Sparrow is good, has anyone worked with them or
recommend someone else?

(I only have one bathroom so finding someone who won't let the work drag
on
would be a good thing :)

thanks, Sarah

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
$subst('Email.Unsub')