internetworkers - Insulation installations? Was: Re: Handyman recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>, "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Insulation installations? Was: Re: Handyman recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:30:18 -0400

At 12:23 PM 6/10/2002 -0400, Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

>sarah, if you'd be so kind as to pass those recommendations on to me,
>I'd be muchly appreciative.
>
>We know electricians & plumbers, but are in search of a good handyman/GC
>who can do minor-to-intermediate projects without us needing to auction
>a kidney to pay them. specifically, we want someone to add some more
>insulation,

Isn't that interesting. I was going to post a note later today asking
if anyone here has any experience with folks putting insulation in.
It turns out that my condo has an "attic" area (in quotes 'cause none
of the residents can actually access it) which runs across the tops
of all the units, and which apparently has no insulation. My neighbor
has hired someone to put insulation over her unit in that area, and
the gentleman doing it is one David Loyd, "Home Repairs: 'For Anything
Around The Home.'" I wondered whether anyone had worked with him, or
knew of a contractor they'd trust with a project like that.

So, um, recommendations could be passed to me, as well, if you'd be
so kind. :)

Thanks!
-Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. Knowledge is profitable.
http://www.hesketh.com/proof/white_papers/