internetworkers - Re: Handyman recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Handyman recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:46:37 -0400

I saw one installed on a home renovation show on TV. One really neat feature
of the unit they demoed, was that it could generate audio tones to indicate
the status of the unit. If the unit was not working properly, you would call
the plumber, place the phone next to the unit, and push a button to generate
the status tones, and based upon the tones, the plumber would (hopefully)
troubleshoot the unit remotely.

David