internetworkers - Re: Automated phone dialers-- how to fight back?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bill Vinson <billvinson AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Automated phone dialers-- how to fight back?
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:56:02 -0400

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 08:52 PM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

Has anyone else gotten autodialed from "Preston" at Carpet Dry Clean in
Raleigh? I've requested twice for them to stop leaving messages on my cell
phone and they won't stop. Now they're calling my office phone. :-(

http://carpetdryclean.com
919.878.0748

--
Michael Czeiszperger
czei AT webperformanceinc.com

I thought cell phones were off limits to telemarketers? Much like it isn't legal to send unrequested faxes as they both cost the receiving number actual $$$ for materials (cell time or paper). I haven't ever been called on my cellphones...

Bill
Bill Vinson
http://www.trilug.org/~billv