internetworkers - Re: Automated phone dialers-- how to fight back?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Automated phone dialers-- how to fight back?
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:44:02 -0400

on Thu, May 16, 2002 at 08:52:24PM -0400, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
> Has anyone else gotten autodialed from "Preston" at Carpet Dry Clean in
> Raleigh? I've requested twice for them to stop leaving messages on my cell
> phone and they won't stop. Now they're calling my office phone. :-(

I, too, have hardwood floors, and I, too, get called. It got so annoying
(after three or four years' worth of this crap) I started keeping track
of when they called. Since then they have only called me twice, on 2/25
and 4/9, both to the same number, and both during the middle of the day.

Next time he calls, I'm calling the BBB and filing an official complaint.