internetworkers - Re: Vet Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: anilorac Dan <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Vet Recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:58:23 -0400

I had 2 negative experiences with Park Vet years ago. Someone there over-anesthitized (sp?) one of my cats when she was spayed, and following the Dr told me she probably had feline leukemia. That was not the problem.
The 2nd incident, which was the one that drove me to Timberline Animal in Chapel Hilll, happened one Sunday afternoon when my other cat a foot got caught by the fan belt of a warm car engine. The foot was wrecked, and I paged Park's emergency #. I paged 3 times over a 60 min period, and got no response in spite of the message stating they would return the page within 10 minutes.
I paged Timberline and got a call back in less than 2 minutes. They were amazing, and I never regretted contacting them. Dr.s Betts and Tomkins provided excellent care through the years.

I never took any of my animals back to Park again.

Dallas Smith wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone have any advice/recommendations about vets around the 54/Hope
Valley Road area? I got two shih tzu puppies this weekend and would like to
find a good vet near my home. BTW, here are my girls,
http://www.ibiblio.org/~sallad/puppies/puppies.htm
Thanks,
Dallas
--
Dallas Smith
dallas.smith AT pobox.com

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: anilorac AT nc.rr.com