internetworkers - Re: Another Bill Gates escapade

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Another Bill Gates escapade
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

hey Gina --

thanks for the input! since you have a good deal of first-hand knowledge with
NCSSM (both as a student and instructor), i value your opinion. it might not
have been clear from my late nite posting, but i am not against distance
learning. and you are completely correct about those regions not being able
afford that type of instructor.

one really cool job i interviewed for at the Biology dept of UNC did exactly
this thing with smaller colleges and universities around the state. the
setups
involved "Smart Boards" which enabled an instructor at UNC (or NCCU or NC
A&T,
for that matter) to be writing/drawing on their local board and all that info
would show up on the remote board. very cool; esp. in terms of scientific
graphing and teaching. this was mated to a live video feed which displayed
the
instructor in real time. what a great project.

so, yeah - not everywhere can afford such things or to have the best
instructors, but it is nice that efforts are underway to "share."
dave ;)
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t