internetworkers - RE: Linux installation suggestions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma AT audioverse.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Linux installation suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:25:31 -0400

I just picked the latest copy of Linux Format magazine. It comes with new
Distro CD and a software CD every month. This month is Redmond Linux which
is now calles Lycoris. It gets high marks for being an easy to use and very
ms-like for beginners. The magazine is a little steep ($14) but it comes
with plenty of information for newbies and experts alike.

otherwise, you should check out libranet.com and get a old version of it
(1.9.1), which is one iso image. It's and awesome debain-based distro for a
beginner. And they have an amazing maillist, which I still use even though I
have long switch to pure debian.

Oh, and everything Kevin suggested it a good idea, too. :)

good luck,

Uzoma