internetworkers - Re: internetworkers] Re: Greeting Card Spam?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers] Re: Greeting Card Spam?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:22:05 -0800 (PST)

> Spammers have been tolerated for long enough.
>
> It's time to go to war.

This idea
has merit. I think there is a growing swell of resentment -- from Usenet
to Business Week -- againstspam everywhere lately. Perhaps we
Internetworkers can take the vanguard
in actually doingsomething about it.

The local chapter of CPSR is also interested in this subject. I've
tossed around the idea with Christian Stalberg and their board of doing
something jointlyabout spam in this area. My orientation is towards
legislation, but I
think there is a lot thatcan be done technically and memetically about spam,
too.

> (BTW, I don't go to war very
often, but
> when I do, I do it to win.)

And we won't be back until its over over there!

TaB