internetworkers - Re: internetworkers] Re: Greeting Card Spam?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Neal <webdeveloper02 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers] Re: Greeting Card Spam?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:31:16 -0800 (PST)

Mike..

You bring up an interesting point: Cost of Operations..

.. that's actually been a selling point of spam.

All you need is a computer with an internet connection and an open relay..
and e-mail addresses.

You can send thousands of email out at low cost and make your money right
back with one sale.

What I find more troublesome is that for many people who are not "in the
know"... they are so
easily fooled by spam... they can so easily be taken advantage of...

I think in the short term... the easiest solution is for everyone to maintain
a personal list of
addresses they allow to receive. Everything else gets rejected. I think
Hotmail has this feature?

- Neal