internetworkers - Re: Spam War [Was: Greeting Card Spam?]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Spam War [Was: Greeting Card Spam?]
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:34:55 -0800 (PST)

please, please people --

we have to be sensitive to the feelings of the spammers of the world
(including
those that may be on this very list!). we certainly don't want to hurt
anyones
feelings, do we?

and why all this sudden talk of "war on spammers?" we need to embrace and
extend, not crush and destroy!! we should be spreading the love, not engaging
in
war! i mean, come on -- these people are /only/ honest business folks (just
simple folks, really) who are trying to earn a living and feed their
families,
right?

we don't want to be responsible for more unnecessary traffic on the internet
(especially malicious traffic), so we should find other ways to "help them
see
the light." c'mon now, guy -- just put your arm around that spammer standing
next to you! he or she may be just like you, with problems and concerns JUST
LIKE YOU! and could you all please send me fourty dollars? (the money goes to
help starving children in my neighborhood - cash preferred).

spreading the love,
dave ;)
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t