internetworkers - PC web design software

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alan MacHett <machett AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: PC web design software
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:34:45 -0500 (EST)

These questions are for any of you website designers out there.

I'm setting up a client with software and hosting for their two upcoming
sites. The problem is, they're equipped with PCs and I've always operated
from Macintosh (no comments, please; they all suck, and I'm switching to
Linux or somesuch as soon as I figure it out). Anyway, what's the standard
or everyone's preference for PC-based web design software?

And secondly, does anyone have recommendations for local hosting? I have
my own preference, but it doesn't fall within the clients parameters.
These will be smallish, low-bandwidth, no e-commerce sites (it's a
veterinary hospital and its feline hyperthyroidism treatment facility).

thanks much!
Alan

--

Brought to you by MacHett.Mail,
a proud distributor of confusion everywhere!