internetworkers - Re: Two Years Ago Today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Wagoner <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Two Years Ago Today
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:29:47 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, I've been having problems with RR the last week
or two. Looks like RR is switching my dynamic ip
address faster than my router can keep up, at least
that's the excuse from RR tech. support.

It's a pain in the ass, but I've found that
periodically (every few days) I have to turn the
router off and on to reset my home network ip
addresses.

Anyone else experiencing this with a home network
connected to RR?

david

--- mdthomas AT mindspring.com wrote:

> On a purely technical note: is anyone else having
> trouble with road runner going up and down?
>

> InterNetWorkers
> <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> wrote:
> > howdy INW list members!!
>
> some of you may recall "Snow Crash 2000" and the
> flurry of INW email that ensued
> from a crop of geeks bored, isolated, yet somehow
> "online."
>
> i know it wasn't /exactly/ "Two Years Ago Today."
> that catchy subject line was
> just "for effect."
>
> anywho, since i'm at work and you most likely are
> not, why don't we begin the
> whole vicious cycle over again?
>
> c'mon -- once more, with feeling!
> d.m.
> ___ _ _____ . ....
> m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d
> o t n e t

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
> mdthomas AT mindspring.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
> dbwagoner AT yahoo.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')

=====
David Wagoner