internetworkers - Re: Beer?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Beer?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:07:41 -0400

Speaking of Guinness, has anyone noticed a new (to me) draught bottle in
the store? I bought a six pack in error (no, I was not inebriated, it was
early and there was too much blood in my coffee stream), but have just run
out of bottles of the regular stuff. Is this the same brew, but in a new
bottle or have I bought something different? It has a white plastic wrapper
on the top of each bottle. It says to drink it ice-cold which is different
from the Guinness I am familiar with.
BTW, I went to the Guinness web site and it is a real loser. It is a fluff
site in Flash (HTML available) which doesn't seem to provide any real
important information. I'll pop a top on one tonight to see if it is the
same. Extensive testing is probably necessary to make sure.
Another subject, has anyone been to the fair yet? Nileen and I plan to go
on Wednesday. What did y'all like the best? Are there any things to avoid or
definite winners?
Roger (in RTP, needing to get back to some software documentation)