internetworkers - Re: List Popularity Worries

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: johnk AT ils.unc.edu (Kate Johnson)
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (InterNetWorkers)
  • Subject: Re: List Popularity Worries
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:38:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Seconded.

And on a much more mundane note ... Bull's Head bookshop at UNC-CH is having
a sale on
O'Reilly books. Buy 2 get 1 free.

-- Begin original message --

> From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:07:57 -0400
> Subject: [internetworkers] List Popularity Worries
> To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>

> To Robert and others who may worry about
> their "status" on this list:
>
> This list was created as a general forum
> whose contributors would define the
> online community. It is far more important
> to contribute than not to contribute. ALL
> of the viewpoints that I've read on this
> subject have been a valuable part of my
> own personal healing process, and I want
> to thank everyone for reaching out, thinking
> about these issues, and having the bravery
> to voice opinions that may not be popular.
>
> I think that it's far more important to
> enter the dialog than retreat from it, and
> I'm glad that this list is composed of many
> different viewpoints.
>
> ...and remember, that email is very narrowband
> emotionally, that there are a lot of lurkers
> on this list, and that you may be more popular
> than you perceive.
>
> I encourage every one to continue to speak from
> the heart and most importantly SPEAK!!! We owe
> it to history to NOT go blindly in to this future
> upon us!!!
>

> I know that my views are not that popular
> on this list, but I am trying to figure out
> what happened this week and I can only do that
> by raising questions as they occur to me. Hopefully
> I can learn something and become a better person
> in the process. That's about the best I can hope
> for.
>
> Robert

> On 9/15/01 7:57 AM, "Thomas Beckett" wrote:
>
> > But read the whole thing.
> >
> > TaB

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: johnk AT ils.unc.edu

-- End original message --

  • List Popularity Worries, mdthomas, 09/15/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: List Popularity Worries, Kate Johnson, 09/16/2001