internetworkers - Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:01:03 -0400

In regards to what the states are doing...
They seem to be following suit...

"The state attorneys general, who have also sued Microsoft, signaled they
agreed with the federal government's change of heart. "

"Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller, a leader of the 18-state Microsoft
working group, said on Thursday: "The states are joining with the Department
of Justice in the decision not to seek a breakup of Microsoft. Since the
Court of Appeals decision, the States and DOJ have directed their efforts to
one objective -- the quickest and most effective remedy possible."

From : http://www.wired.com/news/antitrust/0,1551,46584,00.html

--D

I agree about splitting the companies a different way, but not splitting
them at all... I guess my only hope to see them fail miserably will be for
them to become sooo big that they are drowned by all the red tape such an
organization inevitably generates... That, or suddenly the entire world
decides to install linux ... Hey Peter, I think I just found my happy
thought. . .