internetworkers - Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:26:12 -0400

Hard to say, but I would have expected a degree of thoughtfulness and
leadership from Gore that we have not seen from Bush. Regardless of MS's
contributions to the major parties and the general poor state of the
American political system, Gore is a *much* brighter bulb than Bush could
ever hope to be.

The economy tanking *was* set in motion by over investment in bad ideas, but
the Bush Whitehouse has done nothing to calm investors, which at this point
have over reacted to the bursting bubble of the dot com economy. Bush would
rather be on vacation and I can't say I blame him. If I were a privileged
son like George Bush I'd take all the vacations I could take also.

Now for something much more serious and close to home; does anyone know of a
good person in the Durham area who does yard work? We are getting our house
spiffed up to sell so we can move out to the country and I don't have the
time to do everything around here that needs to be done.

Must....get....back....to.....work

;-)

Robert