internetworkers - Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The list isn't blowing up yet?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:03:57 -0400

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:49:54PM -0400, Robert Weeks spoke thusly:

> Did you really expect a different outcome with Bush in the Whitehouse
> and the economy tanking?

Did you really expect a different outcome if Gore had won and the
economy would have still been tanking?

The econonmy tanking was set in motion, and was going to happen,
IMHO, no matter how won the White House. It was hurt bad by
over investment in companies without a chance in hell of producing
profit (i.e. gotta have something to sell to make money, and while
investing in a speculative idea is one thing, investing in a company
because it has "internet" in the pitch and no biz plan is stupid).

Be that as it may, I tend to agree that the Jackson split would ahe
just made two monopolies out of one. The hopes that the lower court
would split them differently and make two competing companies would
ahve been more viable.

Now, let us not forget - this is the federal prosecuter. I've not
heard word on what the various states involved in the suit will seek,
and if it differs from the DoJ after this morning.

Anyone know what's up on that side of things?

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- New email : alchemist AT darkcanvas.com --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
-- ICQ: 4855069 AIM: ksonney --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
-- Berkley Breathed, 2001