internetworkers - Is anyone here off of the power grid?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Is anyone here off of the power grid?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:09:34 -0400

I'm curious about what it would take to install and use alternative home
energy sources in the Triangle area. I figure solar would be the best
bet locally, and am wondering if anyone here has had any experiences
going all or partly solar powered. I'm also curious about how difficult
it is to sell excess or unused power to the power company through the
grid, and what hoops one would have to jump through in order to do this
with an existing home.

--
"B"ing mobile