internetworkers - Re: Is anyone here off of the power grid?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Is anyone here off of the power grid?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:29:40 -0400

Don't know how to answer your questions specifically, B, but I know of a
couple resources. There's a local organization I've heard of called
Sunshares that promotes alternative energy sources. And there's a nifty
magazine I sometimes buy (at the Regulator) called Homepower that's all
about living off the grid. I think they've published a book on the
subject, and there are tons of ads in the back for companies selling
equipment, services, and knowledge.

Keep us posted on your progress!

I wonder how easy it is to go "off the grid" with broadband. Been
hearing mixed reviews of satellite service.

TaB