internetworkers - Re: Is anyone here off of the power grid?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Is anyone here off of the power grid?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:20:48 -0400

B wrote:
> I'm curious about what it would take to install and use alternative home
> energy sources in the Triangle area. I figure solar would be the best
> bet locally, and am wondering if anyone here has had any experiences
> going all or partly solar powered. I

If you get really motivated, you can surreptitiously add solar power
the existing power grid:

http://www.homepower.com/rogues.htm

"Solar guerrillas believe that clean renewable energy should be welcomed
by utilities. But utilities and governments continue to put up
unreasonable barriers to interconnection, pushing common citizens to
solar civil disobedience."

TaB