internetworkers - WRAL Express

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: WRAL Express
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:28:59 -0400

A few months back some of you had voiced your opinions here on the then recent redesign at WRAL.com. Some of us shared our opinions with the station staff. FWIW, Capitol Broadcasting does appear to be taking some action based on the feedback they received. I was just sent an email message asking me to take a look at an "Express" redesign of the present site, and provide some structured feedback in the form of some task testing and a couple of survey forms.

The Express preview is available at <http://cf.ibsys.com/ral/sh/TestDrive/FreeSurf/surfframe.cfm>

This URL was given out after I'd completed the surveys. No mention was made of restrictions on sharing it and the mailto: link in the top frame makes it look like they want feedback, so I am passing it on to the group.

This lastest iteration does lessen download times and get rid of some of the visual clutter. Everything displayed OK for me on ozilla0.9.3/WinNT4. To my eyes the layout and typography could use some work (HUGE HEADLINE TEXT), but it would seem to be an improvement.

Check it out and let them know what you think.

--rt

  • WRAL Express, Ron Thigpen, 08/16/2001