internetworkers - Re: clash of the titans

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: clash of the titans
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:23:05 -0400

My point is that the lead paragraphs of the article apparently blame
search engines for making "unofficial" drug information more prominent
than the Word from the Man. And the reason for that, apparently, is
that "there was no filtering but that
the surfers themselves effect the rankings by their choices". In the
information economy, the invisible hand of the market is alive and
well.

And yes, some gub'mint web designers don't know shit about search
engines.

TaB