internetworkers - re:tile work -- 2 tips and 3 questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tracy Hollister" <tracyhollister AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re:tile work -- 2 tips and 3 questions
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:32:59 -0400

Home stuff is what I'm all about these days -- here are two tips and three
questions:

Tip #1 -- TILE WORK-- Yes, I know a GREAT person who helped me with my
ceramic kitchen countertops and also replaced my countertop.

His name is Doug Fuentes and his # is (*82 -- you may want to dial this
first) 469-TILE (8453) and cell phone # is 36-8751. Simple grout work may be
"too easy" for him as Dave put it. Also, cutting tile with a wet saw is not
hard -- Doug let me do all of that myself! It's figuring out how to lay the
tile and where to do the cuts, and creating a new countertop that's so hard.

I argee with Paula -- always SEAL THE GROUT -- so you can go ahead and use
white!

Tip # 2- HARDWOOD FLOORS -- I was VERY satisfied and have received multiple
compliments on my hard wood floors, refinished from dark to light by Lee's
Hardwood Floors -- 870-6176.

By the way, I have a housemate, Luke, who is an excellent home maintainence
fixer-upper (lighting, electricity, general repairs) and is taking odd jobs
this summer (thru mid-Sept.) Give us a call if you need anything done --
755-5020.

Q #1 -- PAINT -- I'm about to paint my kitchen and bedroom -- any
suggestions on how to prepare the walls, kinds of paint to pick and avoid,
and tips on doing it myself?

Q # 2 -- INSULATION -- I'm about to insulate my attic and may install storm
windows too. Anyone who's done either with some good tips on brands to use
or avoid, etc.? What about insulating or putting radiant heat banners
between attic rafters?

Q # 3 -- HOME SALES -- Also, I'm about to sell my rented out place for sale
by owner. Who has done this? Can I pick your brain? Offline discussion is
cool. Phone calls are better than email on this one.

Tracy
tracyhollister AT mindspring.com
755-5020