internetworkers - Re: another boost for Durham

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: another boost for Durham
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:01:26 -0400 (EDT)

So much of comedy is in inflection, tone and timing. UNICODE is a
difficult humor medium.
tengu, skiing topless
---
Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski
topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We
haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only
practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was getting tired of being stared
at.
-Steve Martin, _Roxanne_

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Steven Champeon wrote:
Wow - proof that we're truly living in the post-ironic age.