internetworkers - Re: area grocers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David B. Wagoner" <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: area grocers
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:19:31 -0400

If you're tired of all the green-haired, lip-pierced cashiers at the local
organic hippie marts, try one of my favorite grocery stores- the Grand Asia
Market in Cary. Stop by on the weekend and you'll think you stepped into
China Town in a larger city. It's where lots of local Asians shop and is
the largest Asian grocer I've found in North Carolina. They have whole
produce, meat, and seafood sections with hard to find fresh Oriental
ingredients like baby bok choy and shrimp much cheaper than the Hairy
Peeter. To get there, take the HWY 64W exit off I-40, immediately veer
right like you're going to Crossroads Shopping Center (where REI is) but
turn right instead of left. Grand Asia Market is in the back-end of the
strip mall on the right (visible while taking the exit off 64).

If you can't make it there, Silver Wok in Chapel Hill is smaller, but
well-stocked.

My two cents worth...

David

David B. Wagoner