internetworkers - RE: June gathering

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: June gathering
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:59:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, David R. Matusiak wrote:
->RE: critical mass name
->ummm..... who really gives a f*ck? seems like none of us are members of the
->"bike club" anyway. does this mean no one will join my newly started
->internet glitterati group entitled "greenpeace?"

Well, actually (yes, Doc, *actually*) there is no "membership" per se for
Critical Mass - it just happens. No leadership, no plans, no IPOs, no
nothing. There is certainly a group of people who are psuedo-organisers
but no-one is on a roster or anything.

I certainly give a fuck about naming things - how about I open shop d/b/a
David Matusiak, Inc.? You might have an issue with that. I don't think
that the "great young minds" of Critical Mass would have had to expend all
that much brainpower to come up with a different - unused - name.

Cheers
KJ

"The naval system is ship-based." - SES
kelly @ metalab.unc.edu -=*=- http://metalab.unc.edu/kelly/