internetworkers - Re: top-level domain .CC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Parker <vividp AT btitelecom.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: top-level domain .CC
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:57:03 -0400

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> What does the "cc" domain name denote?

I thought I had seen this discussed here, but maybe not.

"*.cc" is for the Cocos Islands, where, apparently, not a lot of web
sites are created. I guess this means if yahoo.com is already taken I
can go out and register yahoo.cc?

The cash-poor island nation of Tuvalu is doing the same thing, selling
their "*.tv" to a company who then plans to offer it, naturally, to
anyone in the television industry.

--
Dave Parker