internetworkers - top-level domain .CC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Don Rosenberg <Don_Rosenberg AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: top-level domain .CC
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:42:38 -0400

Question for you Webmasters: I got an invitation today from eNIC offering
to make my domain name a *.cc domain name for $50/year (!), and a sales
pitch for this fine new TLD. I'm afraid it's news to me. Is anyone aware
of a groundswell of .cc that we should be aware of?

Or is this just in the same class with the people who used to try to send
out bills to list you in $900 Telex directories (if anyone remembers those
days).

Thanks,

Don Rosenberg
Stromian Technologies