internetworkers - Re: top-level domain .CC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: top-level domain .CC
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:51:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Don Rosenberg wrote:
> Question for you Webmasters: I got an invitation today from eNIC offering
> to make my domain name a *.cc domain name for $50/year (!), and a sales
> pitch for this fine new TLD. I'm afraid it's news to me. Is anyone aware
> of a groundswell of .cc that we should be aware of?

No, the .cc NIC folks are unrepentant junk faxers. Ignore them. We've
had more trouble with clients who got these "bills", which are designed
to look exactly like the NSI invoices, and who asked us if they should
"pay the bill" or not. It's a pain in the butt. They basically mined the
whois database and have been sending out these offers to everyone. Feh.

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>