internetworkers - Re: April 6- Next Gathering- Player's Retreat-Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: April 6- Next Gathering- Player's Retreat-Raleigh
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:34:57 -0500

I was at NCSU for the 70-74 years. Like you, the PR played some part in
getting me through, especially Physical Chemistry in 73. Red's Tavern
and the Wolves Den also played a large part. The PR is the sole
remaining venue.
There are fish behind the bar and pirana are illegal so I suppose they
must have put in some other types of fish. We all know that nothing
illegal ever happened at the PR... Snerk!!!
There are a lot of spirits remaining in those black walls. Roger

Paul Jones wrote:

> i first went to the PR in 1967 when i was trying to decide what college to
> go to. i was 17, from charlotte and just aware that ncsu was beginning to
> offer a degree in something called computer science. they served me beer
> without carding me (the statue of limitations must surely be up on
> this) and i have a wonderful time staring at the parana that was swimming
> back and forth in the aquarium behind the bar. the odd tint of the
> floresant light made him and the rest of the creatures in the bar shine in
> some very unusual colors. going to the PR was one thing that convinced me
> to go the NCSU. Carolina required a foreign language and had a graduate
> only CS department; Clemson had required ROTC; NCSU had the PR close
> by. There was no question really.
> Could the parana still be there? in spirit at least?

  • Re: April 6- Next Gathering- Player's Retreat-Raleigh, Austin, Roger, 03/25/2000