internetworkers - Re: April 6- Next Gathering- Player's Retreat- Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: April 6- Next Gathering- Player's Retreat- Raleigh
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:55:16 -0500 (EST)

i first went to the PR in 1967 when i was trying to decide what college to
go to. i was 17, from charlotte and just aware that ncsu was beginning to
offer a degree in something called computer science. they served me beer
without carding me (the statue of limitations must surely be up on
this) and i have a wonderful time staring at the parana that was swimming
back and forth in the aquarium behind the bar. the odd tint of the
floresant light made him and the rest of the creatures in the bar shine in
some very unusual colors. going to the PR was one thing that convinced me
to go the NCSU. Carolina required a foreign language and had a graduate
only CS department; Clemson had required ROTC; NCSU had the PR close
by. There was no question really.
Could the parana still be there? in spirit at least?

Paul Jones
"We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
pjones AT MetaLab.unc.edu voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071