internetworkers - Re: Cancellation of LinuxExpo and what we can do about it...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Thomas <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cancellation of LinuxExpo and what we can do about it...
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:47:34 -0500

Awesome!!!!

I think such an event would be a great way to build community *and*
showcase our community's talents and skills for the world to see.

Yea Jeri!!!! I hope that enough people get behind this so that
it can be a success.

To repeat Jeri's message, you can sign up for the organize email
list by sending an email to: majordomo AT linuxpalooza.org
with "subscribe planning" in the body.

"Jeri C. Gloege" wrote:

> Several LUGs in the North and South Carolina area were chatting online
> about the cancellation of the LinuxExpo this year in Raleigh, North
> Carolina. The News and Observer contacted me as Chair of TriLUG, a
> non-profit and LUG I run here in Research Triangle Park, NC to get my
> reaction. To be honest, at first my reaction was who needs another
> expo. I sent the reporter to a friend, an ex-RedHatter who reminded
> readers of a need for Linux events on the east coast but pointed out that
> with the plethora of Linux "expo's" now available, we should do something
> different. TriLUG started talking about ALS and what a few LUGs had
> managed to pull off in a few years. 32 people emailed me about fronting
> an endeavor like this and three of us incorporated a new company
> Linuxpalooza, Inc., whose sole purpose was to create a Linux festival here
> in the Triangle area of North Carolina. We held our first information
> meeting this past Tuesday when several people suggested we have an Open
> Source Festival showcasing local talent, projects and companies and have
> the LUGs and technical organizations of the Carolinas and surrounding
> states be the driving force behind it. To get more feedback, I started an
> email list and would like to invite you, your organization and anyone else
> you think would be interested in helping create an open source festival
> here on the east coast.
>
> To join the planning email list and submit your ideas, email
> majordomo AT linuxpalooza.org with subscribe planning in the body. Please do
> not have a subject. If you have any questions or concerns or know of
> someone I should forward this to, please email me personally! Thank you
> and I hope you will be as interested in this endeavor as many of the LUGs
> and organizations in the Raleigh-Durham area seem to be!
>
> Jeri C. Gloege
> President and Chair
> Linuxpalooza, Inc.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com

  • Re: Cancellation of LinuxExpo and what we can do about it..., Michael Thomas, 03/24/2000