internetworkers - Re: Knockoff Site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Knockoff Site
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:20:40 -0500

> Joe Komenda wrote:
> This is certainly interesting - one of Buildscape.com's
> (http://www.buildscape.com/) partners brought this to our attention. A
> site by name of http://www.thebuilderspage.com/ seems to have crawled
> all or part of our site and lifted our images, content, etc.. Compare:

Well, its the sincerest form of flattery, isn't it? I can't say I've
ever seen such a total ripoff as that.

It's a bang-on infringement of your trademark, trade dress, and
copyright -- all that good intellectual property stuff. If you were my
client, I'd be firing off a cease-and-desist letter to those folks in
Wilmington and made sure they saw it before the sun goes down today.

Fun stuff. Keep us informed of developments.

TaB